Questions & Rumors: Is Nyjah Really Going To Nike SB?

Nyjah.Slam_New.Jersey

Ouch…

This Sunday, a variety of emotions were found in the air at the Prudential Center. Anything from anxiety to pure excitement due to that anxiety, as Street League’s monumental finals had Nyjah suited up again crowd favorite Luan Oliveira.

While Nyjah has always been known to be on the more competitive side of skateboarding (due to a unwanted “Michael Jackson-like” upbringing), he’s taken jabs of his own at the judges of SLS with their grading system. Nevertheless, Nyjah’s questionability against the judges couldn’t hold up as Luan found himself succeeding with his uncanny ability to maintain his cool and remain consistent with all of his runs. More over, Nyjah couldn’t place blame on the course or judges this time around, as he was the one having a hard time under the hot lights and booing crowd at New Jersey. Has the crowd/pressure gotten to him or was this all just a means of some simple sabotage mission? Better yet, we think something’s weighing on his mind…

The human brain isn’t meant to multitask. Once you find yourself juggling too many thoughts, the process of functioning becomes increasingly difficult and, if we had to guess, this is exactly what happened at the Prudential Center with Nyjah Huston. While it has come to light on the SLAP message boards, one piece of evidence from our end gives us the impression that he very well could be leaving longtime sponsor, DC Shoes. Could the pressure of that undoubtably stressful change be weighing on his mind more than we could imagine?

During our collective effort at getting Agenda Sneak Peeks (yes, we swear, they’re coming), we noticed that we weren’t introduced to any new colorways of Nyjah’s N2 at the DC Booth. In fact, when we took a glance to look around, the N2, whether future or existing colorways, were nowhere to be found. Could it be that the stress of leaving his longtime sponsor could’ve resulted in him failing at Street League in his very unlikely fashion? While the overall consensus lies in Nyjah joining the incredibly stacked Nike SB team, it’s still yet to be determined where he’ll end up, but we can confirm that it isn’t likely that he’ll stay on DC before the start of 2016.

If you had to guess, where will Nyjah end up? Or better yet, what brand suits him best?

Comments

1. big al

August 24, 2015 12:13pm

I don’t really know why people have so much unfounded hate for Nyjah. The boy is good. Having said that, i heard that when he came to australia for the most recent DC tour, he was on coke and wouldn’t even sign kids boards because they should have ‘gone to the signing’ (which by the way, was at 4pm on a tuesday afternoon in downtown). That is why i no longer like him, what about everyone else?

• Attackisis3

August 27, 2015 1:21am

I actually met him at element camp and he’s pretty cool to people his age. But he’s extremely mean to younger kids and he’s sexist. I have no issue with him other than he could treat others better instead of treating them inferior. He was also kicked out a few years in a row from drugs and launching motorcycles into the lake. Which is pretty uncool when running something for kids ya know?

• Nathan Manies

August 27, 2015 6:51pm

This might have been the dumbest thing I have ever read. You have no proof of this. You’re just choosing to believe in a rumor.

• Attackisis3

August 28, 2015 7:10pm

He had an entire speach about how girls shouldn’t do.extreme sports. It was a big article. And the counselors actually talked about the times he was kicked out. Not the kids. And I watched him yell at a 7 year old. I’m not trashing him.I didn’t say he was a piece of shit just that he could treat people A little better. Chill out dude.

2. Steve Hill

August 24, 2015 2:46pm

Unless Under Armour plans on rolling out a skate line, doesn’t seem like there’s anywhere for Nyjah to go from DC but Nike. UA inked Mitchie Brusco in 2012, but hasn’t put out any product for skateboarding. The only other companies that could sign him to a bigger contract that what he’s getting from DC would be Vans and Adidas which seem way off brand for Nyjah.

3. Michael

August 24, 2015 3:17pm

The Whiskey Militia deal website has been selling large quantities of the nyjah n2 for about 45 bucks a piece. Both the black and white ones. Who knows if that means anything though…

links for evidence: http://www.whiskeymilitia.com/wm/poached_private_stash/3318507

4. ayo

August 24, 2015 4:53pm

He posted a picture of him wearing Vans slip ons on instagram. Might be a hint.

5. nordic hunter

August 24, 2015 6:30pm

Filament shoes FTW!

• Attackisis3

August 27, 2015 1:24am

They skate alright. But I destroyed them after a solid week of skating. They were basically mandals with half a sole missing. For 60 dollars I want more durability

6. ItsRawRaw

August 24, 2015 6:43pm

He will be on NIKE SB by January. A shoe is already in the works. An unnamed source told me numerous NIKE SB riders are very upset about this….

7. Eric

August 24, 2015 8:03pm

Heard rumors at agenda of him ending up on nike and also maybe diamond footwears new team that is to consist of nick tucker and possibly chaz ortiz. Also heard none of his dc shoes sold to what they expected so i’m sure dc’s not to worried.

8. Bakingsoda

August 24, 2015 8:51pm

Could really see him on Servant with Mike B. After that slam he should strt wearing a helmet.

9. serious

August 25, 2015 3:42am

Back to eS?

10. Limey B

August 25, 2015 9:23am

I have just had the new DC catalogs come through to my shop for next season (SP16). There is a new colourway of the N2 and its still mentioned as Nyjahs pro model. The colourway is Royal/True Red.

11. Kobe Villeneuve

August 25, 2015 4:25pm

As seen in a recent Berrics video (Ninja Training with David Reyes and Nyjah Huston) you see Nyjah wearing a pair of DC N2’s in a brand new colorway. Grey, green, and white. With this information, I think Nyjah will stay with DC.

12. hick

August 26, 2015 1:48am

is noone going to mention tony ferguson selling 350+ shoes?!?

13. Owen scetto

August 26, 2015 12:24pm

I could see him on a brand like filament, but idk how good he would fit on Nike for some reason. A lot of their team seems kinda different from nyjah like Trevor, ishod, Corey, Stefan etc. but I think Nike is the only other fit. He wouldn’t be good on huf, és, lakai, Adidas, vans, etc. so Nike and dc are the only teams he’d look good on maybe. I could imagine him on supra a little bit too?

• Jay

September 5, 2015 8:41pm

Hahaha imagine him on Huf… LMFAO the thought of him wearing austyn or dylan’s shoes made me laugh out loud. (I know huf makes different types of shoes too, but none of the shoes they already made suit him) based on the N2, Nyjah likes hideous shoes, and huf doesn;t make those kind of shoes

14. Tony

August 28, 2015 5:04pm

If he does go to Nike SB I hope they don’t give him a pro model right away, nothing against him. Just would like to see others on the team who’ve been on the team longer finally get one. Honorable mention, Shane O’Neil.

• Pjotr

November 4, 2015 9:20am

Nike has already offered Shane his own pro-model, but he refused because he likes the Janoski’s better. And in my opinion the Janoski is pretty much Shane’s pro model as well, I mean, since we don’t see or hear that much about Stefan Janoski anymore, and seem to see more and more of Shane. Imagine Shane without Janoski’s. It just wouldn’t be the same.

Also Nike will probably give Nyjah his own pro-model straight away, since he’s had 2 models out on DC already and probably doesn’t want to skate someone else’s signature model, or a team model. Also a Nyjah pro-shoe means more money for Nike, which is what they want.

I personally do believe Shane would deserve a pro-model more, as he is one of my favorite skaters, but yeah, he refused, and I can’t blame him, because I also prefer the way Janoski’s skate (and look for that matter) over any other skateshoe.

Though I don’t like Nyjah, I could see why Nike would give him his own pro-shoe straight away. It’s all about money. Nyjah will make a lot of money of the contract with Nike, and Nike in it’s turn with the Nyjah shoe. Just the way the world works.

15. marco

September 7, 2015 3:25pm

o talked with a nike sales dude today – He ment that rumors say that He already dropped dc and is going to nike. skateboarding will be olympic in a few years and nike always has their teammates on the Podium

• Tyler Dombrowski

September 26, 2015 11:24pm

Lol give him a special Dunk colorway or something. What a damn shame. Not Nyjah- I can’t pretend to understand the ins and outs of sponsorships etc., I’m sure he’ll do well like always because regardless of whether or not you like him his talent is truly alien, and above and beyond what many will see. Olympic skateboarding? Gimme a goddamn break! I don’t care what any judge says, you can’t assign real points to a hardflip, or tell me a Lazer Flip down an 8 stair is any less badass than a Darkslide down an 8 stair. This isn’t Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater, folks. Skateboarding gets my love because of the COMPLETE LACK of a points system. We play for letters, not points! I understand the importance of competition(s), but within monetized nationally televised events the true spirit of skateboarding is dead, lost and gone I feel. Street League? It’s a joke. My favorite skater, God of the Contest- Rodney Mullen wrote a book about how much he hated competitions bc he wasn’t having fun. That’s where I see this going. Imagine colleges picking up skate teams… makes me wanna vomit just thinking about it. Sorry to rant all over your comment and ignore the article’s topic brah, but I needed to say these things and they are directed at anyone who will listen to my crazy ass haha

16. will

September 24, 2015 3:49pm

got a catalog at the shop i work at. all of Nyjah’s pro models are called the “Argosy” and the N2 isn’t in the catalog.

17. MiniGreek

September 24, 2015 11:16pm

He’s a fuccboi and fuccboi’s will do what fuccboi’s do.

18. Chris

September 25, 2015 4:43pm

noooooooooooooo. The last place he needs to go is a Brand with a strong team presence. Nyjah is jus tthe lebron of skateboarding, doesn’t really care and just wants a check and take all the glory. I wont be buying nike really if he does get on. Damn why cant DC just pay him the mopny he needs and keep him on that lame ass money hungry team. Fuck Rob, nyjah, the whole fantasy factory and all that bullshit. KEEP SKATING OUT OF THE OLYMPICS. KEEP SKATING WHAT IT WAS. Skateboarding does not need ranking of whos the best and who sucks. I barely hear about demos anymore unless its from a big known team. What happened to the skater owned brands who cared about the community who was funding them. Damn this was a long rant but shit, I like skating out of the mainstream hype of things. SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHOP

19. Randy Savage

October 7, 2015 9:09pm

Good guess that he will leave DC. Quicksilver is bankrupt, & probably needs to downscale DC & could use the 6 figures they are paying Nyjah. I think Supra is the best fit. They where just bought by K Swiss so they have the funds & distribution to get Nyjah a top selling shoe. I don’t think he fits very well with the Nike SB brand though. SB needs to keep their brand core, & adding Nyjah would bring allot of flack from their core consumer.

20. Adam Estrada

November 14, 2015 4:45am

Nyah officially signed a 29 million dollar deal with Nike. Biggest deal in skate history.
    Also decine Calloway is the next pro for primitive. You got it here first

21. Adam Estrada

November 14, 2015 4:50am

Where skateboarding will be in 5 years is McDonald and other big companies buying companies and everyone gonna be sponsored by Nike target Walmart and all those brands. Come back to this post later. I promise you that.