News Update: 1 More Reason To Skate A Dunk

TF Heat On Your Feet

TF Heat On Your Feet

As a reiteration of our previous dunk article plea, there’s never been more reason to skate a Dunk than now. The newly released Quartersnacks Dunk is fundamentally one of the better quickstrikes to come out in recent years and is a must-have for its colorway/materials alone.

Of course, as with any infamous skate shoe, this Dunk will only as good as the person skating it and one of the better examples happens to be coming out of Philly. RL Affiliate Luke Darigan spent a couple of days breaking in the QS Dunk with Jon Hadley and Dylan Sourbeer to bring us this video of their undeniable skate-ability. #PuffySkateShoeComeBack anyone?

Most of you shouldn’t be too surprised at its great performance values, especially when talking about a dunk, but it’s hard to deny substantial evidence that supports the following: “when you look good, you skate good”. Seeing as how the QS Dunk is aesthetically pleasing and ideal for skaters looking for the deadliest colorway combo (blk/wht/gum), we can reassure you, no matter your skill level, you’ll feel good skating in these. The customized detailing is more than enough to separate the QS Dunk from any previous highly anticipated Dunk(s). Also, any opportunity to watch people as good as Sourbeer & Jon skating Philly is as close as we’ll get to having exclusive video parts from them. Might have to bother them to film a detailed shoe review in the near future for us. Mental note: #BeforeWinterComes

Comments

1. jasminder

August 26, 2014 6:42pm

dunks are amazing, i think most people don’t skate them any more because of the one piece toe cap fad that’s been going on, but i like the puffy shoes, need to pick me up some accels. WHAT WHAT

2. SatchelDockry

August 27, 2014 6:31pm

Dunks are definitely a very underrated shoe these days. All the kids care about is vulcanized and board feel. They just don’t know that when you break a dunk in, it skates the same as any other shoe. And magic happens. Also, I got really psyched when I saw Dylan Sourbeer’s name up there. Dude has the best style but barely gets coverage.

3. Stephen

August 28, 2014 5:13am

I could wear black suede dunks with gum soles for the rest of my life and be perfectly content. minor gripe but why don’t these have a mesh tongue like they usually do?

4. Tyler Dombrowski

August 29, 2014 10:24pm

Normally Nike gets a little too crazy/flamboyant with their colors for my taste, which is fine for most people but these particular Dunks look really good. They’ve got that solid/ athletic look but are still clean. The best part of Dunks though is that they always remind me of the ridiculously great talent that is/was Lewis Marnell….. that Hardflip to 5-0 was straight wicked!!!

5. ayyy

September 2, 2014 10:19pm

id get a pair if they werent all made in limited numbers at $100+ dollars and most snatched up by close homies and hypebeasts leaving a size 3 and 19

6. Chris G

November 28, 2014 7:18am

I never gave the dunks a chance before the quarter snacks. I was on a Accel only diet. Dunks work great for me! They take the distaste out of my mouth for how I previeced a corpo comp. Also I will never go back to accels for how eS did their team.