Skate Shoes That Left Too Soon: Pro Model Edition

Centric S

No more airbag?

DC Centric S
Of the three pro models that are now dust in the wind, we’re most heartbroken about the departure of the Kalis Centric S. The reasons vary but the reintroduction of the airbag system is obviously one of the many reasons as to why we’ll miss this model. Although it’s gone, it isn’t leaving in vain. From what we know, the shoe gathered a following of its own and was beloved by most that tried it. For those who can’t digest its departure, we have good news for you: there is another Kalis pro model taking its place. :0

Full photos and details on his next DC pro model will be on the site shortly.

1 Week of skating in the TNT 5 from our review.

1 Week of skating in the TNT 5 from our review.

Vans Tnt 5
Trujillo’s relentless style and attitude merit as many pro models as humanly possible. Because of this, we’re not so worried about the TNT’s 5 departure but rather looking forward to what’s coming out next. At this year’s Agenda Show, Vans presented the next installment in his series of pro models but no photography was allowed. Bummer. But regardless, we can assure you that it won’t interrupt his reputation for great pro models. As with the Centric S, we’re sad to see it go but look forward to seeing this new Tnt pro model. They never disappoint.

The Vincent model from Lakai. For Fall 2013.

Lakai’s Vincent lasted so long, we’re wondering why it’s leaving us so soon…

Lakai Vincent Alvarez
With trade show season in full swing, we’ve been looking through catalogs so we know what to expect from your favorite brands. When looking through Lakai’s SP15 catalog, we noticed the absence of the Vincent Alvarez pro model. Of all the shoes featured on this list, the Alvarez had the shortest shelf life. Whether it was because of its similarities to the famous Manchester or the fact that they were a tad bit heavy on your feet, it looks as though they’ve left us way too soon. The weight of the shoe aside, the Alvarez skated great once you got past that break-in barrier. Sure, it was no easy task but at the very least, let’s credit the Vincent’s as one of the longest lasting models to come out of Lakai. Especially for a vulc shoe. That should explain why it ended up on the “Best of 2013″ list.

Any of these departing pro model surprise you guys? If so, be sure to stock up on any of these models asap. #SkateShoesThatLeftTooSoon

12 thoughts on Skate Shoes That Left Too Soon: Pro Model Edition

1. Grant Fiero on said:

The Vincent’s leaving really surprises me, I see people skating those all the time.

• Jordan on said:

Yeah, same here, I had a pair, and they were really good for the longest time, like 5 months of constant kickflips. This is a shocker to me because I thought they would keep it because of it’s popularity with the tech skaters out there. Dang, I was looking at another pair too.

2. Josh on said:

Super bummed on the TNT 5 leaving. Favorite shoe of all time, I’m on my third pair, gonna have to buy as many as I can before they become an eBay special.

• al on said:

Wouldn’t it be better to wait until they become an ebay special so you can save yourself $$$$$$$$$?

• Josh on said:

I meant rbay special in the sense that they’ll cost a lot more when there’s no stock left. But maybe you’re right.

3. EJ on said:

I just noticed the emerica hsu 2 disappeared. I never skated it but it’s weird they got rid of it so soon.

• jasminder on said:

yeah i find that weird too that the hsu 1s are still in production but the hsu2s arent

4. Hyun on said:

wtf why are the vincents leaving, best pair of lakais i ever had

5. al on said:

skytop 3′s R.I.P

• Chris on said:

Yeah, skytop 3. You read my mind.

6. Gabe on said:

The vans estillo’s. Cardiels pro model

7. Ethan on said:

I’ll take a stab at the questionable discontinuation of the Vincents and say it’s because they look like so many other models that sell better and are just as good. Vincent deserved a shoe, but somebody got lazy on that design.