Agenda Sneak Peek: Servant Footwear

The Vallely from Servant Footwear

The Vallely from Servant Footwear

Debuting at Agenda LBC for the first time, Servant Footwear is just beginning to make their big splash into the US market. Hailing from Sweden, Servant Footwear makes footwear for all preferences but has a huge Vegan following due to their functional synthetic models. Their 4skin technology, (lol) feels and skates exactly like suede. This microfiber formula has been perfected to such an extent that most of their consumers can’t tell the difference between a 4skin covered upper and a suede model. Truthfully, neither could we. With all of their advancements and growing credibility, we couldn’t ignore their booth at Agenda. Can’t believe we didn’t include them in this list

At Agenda LBC, Servant debuted Mike Vallely’s pro model and as we were told, it came out exactly as Mike wanted it. As seen in the photos, The Vallely features a suede upper and a reinforced toe cap for added durability. Mike’s debut pro model for Servant sits on top of their cupsole construction and includes Servant’s Heelheaven impact protection. You should probably expect Mike to release a part in the coming months leading up to the debut of his shoe. We don’t expect it to disappoint either…

Other notable models like their staple Loiter, Uppercut and Dagon model have created huge waves all across Europe and have high expectations here in the states. Their reasonable priced models are not only supportive but fully functional in every sense.

If their eco/animal-friendly technology wasn’t enough to entice you, their current US price point ranges between $49-$65. With these prices and an already glowing reputation, we’re expecting Servant’s transition into the states to be a smooth one. Of everything, we’re most excited to see and potenitally skate the Street Plant X Loiter model. The classic Barnyard graphic is featured on both insoles with some additional details on the tongue. We’re hoping that they don’t receive a C&D from Rocco or someone at World because this collaboration is worthy of being hung on a wall and our feet. Expect Servant’s full collection to be available during this Holiday season.

Expect more Agenda Sneak Peeks this week, presented by Active.

Comments

1. Jack Johnson

July 14, 2014 6:55pm

These look like absolute pieces of shit. They might not be, but they sure look like it. I mean do they even care how they look when you photo them? Shittiest lace jobs I’ve seen in a minute. With this kind of lack of attention to detail, I can’t take them seriously. I mean you’d think if this was your first time showing the brand at Agenda, you’d at least take the extra 5 minutes to lace them properly. I guess what I’m trying to say is, ” with so many dope brands out there, why did you even give these Swede’s the time of day?”

• al

July 15, 2014 2:53am

I think that that is a super rough accusation. I think that they look OK (especially the loiters). I dont think that the laces look that bad either. Whilst I can appreciate that you might be sceptical as no one knows alot about them (and to be honest, I agree with your views about the Dagon Model), I think that prior to making such harsh accusations you should try before you slander the shit out of them. Look at even some of the big companies (i.e. Nike). Some of their shoes look borderline (lunar one shot, satire, PROD 8s) people still dig them because they skate well. #jussayin

• Jack Johnson

July 15, 2014 3:30pm

• al

July 17, 2014 2:35am

Valid!!! pretty stock lace job.

• dummbert

July 18, 2014 6:43pm

Al, as much as I agree on your statements regarding nike – these look way too bulky and either uninspired and basic or stright up retarded.

Adressing that Nike statement, all of those models thrown into the mix are hideous. Every P-Rod shoe looks worse. The Satire is… well, a satirical yet ugly pricepoint vision of the Janoski.
      The Lunar one Shot, on the other hand, is something else. It’s not my cup of tea, too. But it’s simulanously hyper technical and clean, which I acknowledge.

2. jasim

July 14, 2014 11:46pm

these shoes are really cool! i especially like the vallely pros but i cant help but think of the etnies maranas everytime i look at them. nevertheless, its cool to know some new footwear is being made that is durable, inexpensive, and fashionable, i really like what the company is doing

3. Mr. Fakie

July 15, 2014 4:38am

I had a chance to spend some serious time skating the Dagon last year. Hands down it is one of the most comfortable shoes I’ve skated in the last 3 years. The feel great, have a super long wear life, they breath and flex like crazy! Considering the price most skate shoes go for these days, the price point alone is a reason to give them a try. That Blue/Black and Grey/Black colorways are pretty excellent additions too!

4. Trevor

July 15, 2014 7:10am

These look like Habitat footwear and Walmart brand shoes fucked and had a retard baby.

• dummbert

July 18, 2014 6:36pm

spot on, might as well throw some element shoe line genes into the mix as well…

5. feelingofstoke

July 16, 2014 10:25am

Didn’t faux-vulc looking cupsoles die with Adio?

6. allaner

October 21, 2014 7:09pm

One of the models shown has a terrible ‘black’ line on the white sole, like it was hand painted. I usually see those in counterfeit sneaks. Hopefully when these hit the market they’ll be better.

7. Bgz

November 5, 2014 10:02pm

I skated a pair of their original model. Super comfy, long lasting, and made out of high quality materials. These are a step above your average skate shoe in quality. Would recommend.

8. Thom

January 11, 2015 12:28pm

Of course. Totally legit to think a shoe sucks due to its lace job. This type of attitude REINFORCES everything wrong with skateboarding today. Superficial, judgemental, uniformed, fashion jock mentality.

Truth be told, however, I’m kinda glad this is the pervading attitude. It may convince the clueless to keep buying skate shoes made by sporting goods mega companies, and keep the core with skater-run companies like SERVANT…

That being said, the DAGONs are the most durable, aesthetically pleasing, comfortable and (a bonus) cruelty-free shoes I’ve ever skated.

9. Willy Groves

October 4, 2016 2:00am

The Loiters are great. They are cheap and suede. What more can you ask for?

10. Nicko

December 18, 2017 2:21am

Id rather skate these than NIKE or NIKE-owned Converse.’These are at least a skater owned brand. Fuck supporting US multinational companies that only give a shit about skateboarders money!