Vision Street Wear Is Back! ….But Do You Care?

As if you already didn’t have enough options to choose from, Vision Street Wear has decided to throw their hat into the race in an attempt to facilitate your skate footwear needs. The 80’s brand that you may or may not be aware of had a lengthy hiatus from skating, despite their continued manufacturing of old reissued Gonz boards & yes, even Gator boards. #AyoChillb

With this week’s Youtube announcement of Anthony Shetler’s addition, it looks as though he’s the first of many to join their revamped program. When revisiting ex’s, we ask ourselves whether some deserve a second chance or do they deserve to be ignored in order to avoid the whole gun rack anniversary exchange that follows? No one wants to invest money or time into a product that they have absolutely 0% faith in, but we’re willing to give Vision Street Wear the benefit of our doubts. After all, the rubber toe cap is back and the reawakening of weird ’80s shaped boards hasn’t been as prevalent since…well…the ’80s.

Are you guys interested with what Vision has to offer or is the skate shoe game too stacked?
Your call.

Comments

1. cody

June 14, 2014 8:16pm

To me they look like cheap Chuck Taylor knock-offs. If I wanted to skate Chucks, I would just buy Chucks.

• geordie

August 29, 2015 2:38am

As much as I love Chuck Taylors, lets be real here, they are about as cheap as it gets. It’s just canvas! Even the knock off Vision Street Wear’s are more durable

• dick

April 14, 2016 2:31pm

Fat

2. pedro

June 15, 2014 5:17pm

honestly…..i don’t really care about vision……come we are in 2014 not in 1984!!!!

3. Tim

June 15, 2014 8:53pm

I’m going to try them out. The shoes look pretty sick, and if they skate well I’ll start backing Vision 100%

4. Ian

June 16, 2014 2:23pm

If they have a quality insole like Vans or Huf lately and come in at $60 or under, I will absolutely rep those maroon/gum joints!

5. Han

June 16, 2014 4:28pm

I skated mostly Vision boards back in the 80s (Vision, Schmitt Stix, Town & Country). But I hated the way their shoes looked.

6. Terrance Fraenkel

June 17, 2014 7:06pm

I would give these shoes a try before saying there crap i think they look like better CONS CTS LOW because what shoe company really focus on the rubber ollie hole stopper… and plus he rides for sk8mafia so i’ll try them out then see if i care but great skating great article= RESPECT THE GAME

7. Tyler Dombrowski

June 17, 2014 11:21pm

Screw the Chuck copies, but the Super Tricks look awesome and those maroon/gum colored low tops look fly! I love the extra grip the rubber toe caps give ya and it’s probably real nice for the ollies, never hurts to have control! Seriously though there needs to be a ban on these damn chuck knockoffs, chucks suck horribly to skate in no matter who makes em, no cushion, no padding, wimpy soles….. In any event bring me those maroon/ gum kicks and I’ll gladly rock Vision!

8. bill

July 2, 2014 12:55pm

vision never went anywhere

9. Nigel One

December 24, 2014 1:43pm

I’m 32, still skating, started in 87 and wanted these shoes bad until about 93 but my local shop never carried my size in any shoes but Airwalk. I just bought a pair for nostalgic purposes but they aren’t bad. Actually a lot more durable than Chuck Taylors for the comments about them being shitty Chucks. I say Vision should be welcomed back in the skate community if they have a good skate program going on which I think is evidently in the plans sponsoring someone like Shetler. My first board was a vision with Vision wheels and other than Skate Rags, Vision was the only peeps in the game putting out skate wear, so like I said I’m mostly behind them for nostalgic reasons. If they don’t keep a team and do something legit for skaters/skating I probably wont get another pair but I ain’t gonna lie the 7 year old kid inside of me is super pumped to have these now. Now I just gotta cop some Airwalk Prototypes, some Sal Barbier Etnies and some Salman Agah’s and I’ll complete my collection of shoes my mom would never buy me haha.

10. Nate

January 27, 2015 8:16pm

I have to agree with Bill on this one. Vision never went anywhere. They were still going strong in Japan when they weren’t selling in the US. As for me, I’m 39 years old. Been skating since 1980. Skated Vans, Vision, Airwalk, and those crappy Chucks. The suede high top from Vision was and still is the better skate shoe. They form perfectly to your feet and they are stylish. You morons who are Vision haters can suck it. You’re just jealous because you weren’t a good enough skater to get sponsored. And I’m also sick of people blaming Mark ‘Gator’ Ragowski for the failure of the company. Truth is, Vision tried to hang on to vert and never really aimed at street skating like these other companies. Vision was back selling products a few years ago, then poof….the website was shut down. Supposedly Vision is launching a new site but have yet to see it up online and ready for customers. It’s Jan 2015 and I’m still waiting. For those who hate Vision Street Wear, go and buy some crappy skate shoes they sell today in those crappy skate shops….along with those crappy decks that all ‘look the same’. To hell with the new school, keep it old school and classy.

11. CadenceSF

April 29, 2015 8:11am

Yeah, it’s 2015 and I decided to get some Vision’s footwear. My suede all black Vans finally wore out, and they won’t make them anymore, so I’ve moved on.

Rediscovering Vision this time around made me realize that Visions have some awesome ballsy designs and colors, which aren’t easy to pull off, but they did a great job.
    I suspect they’ve got a good designer behind this.

12. johnny villarreal

August 4, 2015 3:38pm

I love vision street wear shoes since I was a kid and still do still wear them so for all those so called haters they are not reall but a bunch of posers vision street wear rules

13. Jeff

October 3, 2015 5:29am

I wore these way back in the day. Always liked them. I’m a vans man at heart though. Converse used to make the suede one stars without the shell toe, those shoes were the shit. I guess they stopped making them when they got bought out by sorry ass nike

14. Jason

February 12, 2016 2:01am

Some of you are coming off as ignorant as one would expect from a bunch of little 14-16 year old kids. These are much better than Converse, and right up there with Vans and the rest. Show some intelligence by shutting your fucking mouths until you actually know wtf your talking about. My only suggestion is get the suede uppers.

15. Matt

May 7, 2016 7:45pm

I would say the best is back! Old Sokol all the way! I just ordered some! 80s vision street wear boots were cool then and I think they can be cool now. As long as they grip that deck and don’t wear out to quick.

• sir sunami salami

July 27, 2016 6:24am

I have skated since 1910, and i still will out THRASH & DESTROY all yea posers!! I have skated vans, airwalks, con chucks, and vision street wear, the vision were best by far outlasted vans three to one! I’m stoked i go get me ten new pair, skate or die,,,peace out

16. tig