Breaking News: The éS Accel Is Coming Back #ForRealDoe

These will be back on your feet come August of 2014.

These will be back on your feet come August of 2014.

After much anticipation and pleading, you are getting your precious Accels back this August. Skateboarding’s most iconic shoe hasn’t been around for countless years now but with the power of social media and consumers endless chants for its return, the day has finally come.

This impromptu announcement took place late last night when Don Brown of Sole Tech abruptly posted a photo of his Japanese stocked Accels on Instagram. Later that night, he revealed in the comments that they’ll be released this August but no other details have been leaked yet. Yes, endless request for all brown aka Penny boot colorways have already been proclaimed, along with an All White pair. #Mandatory

If the Accel’s release is anything like éS earlier releases of this year, then you might possibly be getting all of these infamous colorways sooner than later. With that said, if we had to guess, these Accel’s will be extremely limited. We suggest making best friends with skate shop clerks now or just have your credit card handy for the day when they’re finally released.

Lastly, with all the trends that were once popular returning, are today’s skateboarders ready to embrace the Accel’s puffy demeanor? For all of those people chanting for its return, we don’t want to hear any complaining once you slip on a shoe that was designed in 1995. #Jussayin

We’ll keep you guys up to date with more info as it comes to light. Brb.
P.S. – We’re wondering if Jake would’ve been skating Accels had it not been for his newfound home…probably.

Comments

1. Tyler Dombrowski

June 25, 2014 10:58pm

This… is the best news you’ve ever posted on this site! I just got a thousand boners! Indestructible outsoles, 2 layers of suede and one layer of TPR in the toe….. Just need to get a credit card now haha

2. Ross

June 26, 2014 2:21am

i just jizzed myself

• Jkquando

July 26, 2014 1:17pm

Well aren’t u just a little pussy faggot who can’t control his little 2 inch dick. Cuntface

• Jkquando's mom

July 26, 2014 2:57pm

Jkquando we all know that you are a pussy ass longboarder who grabs his trucks. Only a true skater would jizz fountains over this shoe.

3. Prophet Monkey

June 26, 2014 6:23am

Just a limited edition? What a load of bullshit. Emerica’s selling like never before, SoleTech still cries that éS has financial issues…Come on, they produced in China…Even Emerica could ‘ve put out the Accels as a “special series”.
    It’s just about making a fake hype about a brand which never had to go bankrupt.

4. jz

June 26, 2014 8:22am

“For all of those people chanting for its return, we don’t want to hear any complaining once you slip on a shoe that was designed in 1995.”

How it is possible to complain if they are taking back the most comfortable shoes to skate…

• Ian

June 26, 2014 4:46pm

kids are not ready for how wide/puffy the accel actually is

• Devin carlson

July 15, 2014 5:02pm

Yea kids that love trendy thin shoes will complain that they are to puffy and feel like your swimming around But to me someone who grew up skating nothing but ‘es is gonna be super happy to get a brand new pair , even thought I still have my ‘es Nyjah Accels and my ‘Es 15th anniversary Accels In white blue and yellow (K1 color way) , still got my ‘es one koston remakes

5. manimese

June 26, 2014 12:01pm

Amazing news!
    Accel is a such a great shoe.

6. al burke

June 27, 2014 3:01am

I don’t know hold the new gen will react to these given current market trends, but the OG’s will love them.

7. Patrick

June 27, 2014 3:30am

I love this website, you guys should get some award for your writing, oh shit this isn’t quartersnacks, nevermind. Fuck these shoes though, just give them all to PJ Ladd. No ones gonna switch tre stacks like him. … But everyone’s gonna try. Unless they have an all white leather one at Orchard I won’t be buying these.

8. Tom L

July 1, 2014 9:58pm

If only they had OG EVA sockliner insoles with the sarbothane crash pads in the heels I would get them. I bought the last prduction run they sold in the US, it was garbage. I was preety bummed that they didnt have tongue centering straps and the insole was awful but…and if they can bring these back…why not the sal 23s??? Almost the same shoe, same last, sole…come on guys at SOLE TECH, give the people what they want. SLB is down I bet for a re-re-release, and NOT ON ETNIES!!!!!!!! GIve me my SALS and I won’t quit on you e’S ever again

9. cockboy

July 14, 2014 4:54pm

Oh my god who gives a shit. es sucked i was glad when they were gone. And I’m pretty sure the accel isn’t the most iconic shoe in skateboarding. Try “old school” or “skate high”

• Tyler Dombrowski

July 14, 2014 10:14pm

It’s cool to rock Vans, they’re awesome too, but the lack of impact support and the fact that they are notorious for losing shape and support, coupled with a lack of durability has some folks reaching for the 3 layers of material on the Accels. To each his own opinion though breh brah

10. Gaipa

July 27, 2014 4:32am

I work at active and am friends with the sole tech reps and they said they’re bringing back the brown gold gum color way as well as the super Og black on black accels , be stoked

11. Remy

August 14, 2014 11:42pm

When’s the release date of these éS Accel’s??? These were one of the best skate shoes next to éS Sal23’s, éS koston1/2/3
    Do you know what stores will sell these cuz I remember seeing these on the Zumiez website but they were sold out… Soo pissed!! I would’ve bought one of each color.

12. huyhasbeen

August 20, 2014 3:39am

Can we please get a slimmed down version of the SLB 23? Maybe a SLB 23 vluc? just saying sole tech, talk to Sal and lets make this happen.

• sroljo

August 20, 2014 7:43am

Etnies already released slimmed down version of Sal 23 (without rubber ollie patch) sometime around 2009 or 2010, they were not as good as originals.
      Little after they released Sal 23 vulc (again without rubber ollie patch).