Then & Now with Chris Cole

It’s basically been two years since our last Then & Now. In the unlikely chance that you’ve been checking in on the site since that Kerry T&N debuted, thanks for holding you breath with us for the next one. As an East Coast based site, we’re sure that you weren’t expecting these T&N’s to be coming out on a weekly basis. On the other hand, if you’re new to the site and never saw Kerry’s episode, feel free to catch up.

Throughout Chris Cole’s career, he’s seen the many levels of an ever-changing industry. From his Blind jeans and yellow shirt days to his custom apparel line on DC, Chris hasn’t managed to change all that much. From interviewing him, we can personally tell you that he remains humble about his early days in Philly while embracing the California background that keeps his skating so consistent. In a nutshell, he’s still that gritty kid from Philly deep down inside (that’s a good thing) and despite his success, you’ll often get that feeling if you manage to talk to him for 5 minutes. If you aren’t lucky enough to have an encounter with Chris, hopefully his T&N will personify our description of him with ease.

CC.Overview ChrisCole.LimitedPro

Thanks to everyone at DC for their help and a special thanks to Keith Isola for setting this up. Thanks to Chris and his family for welcoming a couple of shoe nerds into their home. Filmed by Bobby Spero with additional filming by Chris Ray, Massimo Legittimo and Leigh Bolton.

8 thoughts on Then & Now with Chris Cole

1. Diego on said:

I would love to see more samples or non released colorways, but still great to see the evolution of Chris shoes.
    Great job! Keep killing it.

2. Chris G on said:

I like this series and his newest shoe seems fun

3. Strigi grip on said:

Great interview guys! It was put together really well.

4. T.A. on said:

Time, time for some Axion! Pssh, Aries for life!

Chris Cole is incredible. Total skate rat. Super talented. Intelligent. Good for him knowing roots.

Thank you guys so, so much for doing these videos. I appreciate ya’ll keeping the legacy of 411/OnVideo/When The Berrics used to do more behind-the-scenes-stuff (think ‘Footnotes’) alive.

And that G.I. Joe shoe is hot!

See you in two years! I kid, I kid, but mahalo!

5. Pingback: Then & Now: Chris Cole | All In Action Sports

6. patduffman on said:

Sick interview. When is the westgate review coming out?

7. Edward on said:

The Cole Lite S was absolutely horrible. The super suede was useless for me. The ollie area’s suede began to crumble after only 2-3 days of skating, with less than an hour of skating a day. The back of the shoe slips of the foot when walking or pushing. The kickflip area of the shoe blew out in under 5 days. Also, the sole is so uncomfortable, forcing the foot into a tensed position with no protection at all. The worst shoe I’ve ever skated. Good job, Cole.

8. Tyler Dombrowski on said:

You know, I think it’s funny he’s making fun of the Troopers… I had a pair in Red/Black and got compliments from tons of girls, first shoe I ever landed a kickflip in haha. Awesome show, I miss it