Leaked: Supra Estaban (Stevie’s New Pro Model)

StevieShoe2

Stevie’s 2nd Pro Model from Supra Footwear, the Estaban. Due out FA’14.

While all of skateboarding collectively anticipates Stevie’s next video part, we have our eyes on his next pro model for Supra Footwear. Since his S1W model, so much has changed in skateboarding. Many people aren’t quite as understanding of a paneled toe cap so Stevie took towards the direction of a one piece toe cap. As an ambassador of paneled toe caps, it pains us to see another pro’s 90’s preferences bite the dust. Before he was seen skating in his DC pro models and later in Nike SB Dunks, Stevie skated the most beloved paneled toe cap of all time. How much longer before the tides change and we get those priceless panels back? Kinda sick of the deco stitching illusion…more distracting than anything.

His new pro model, the Estaban, is due out for Fall of 2014. With not much time between then and now (yes, we’re trying to get a Stevie episode), the marketing campaign for this shoe should be debuting soon. Video part, a stylish front nose ad or all of the above, we’re looking forward to this shoe.

StevieShoe

Solid colors seem to be the ongoing idea behind the Estaban. All red everything.

From the few details that have leaked, the shoe is sitting on top of the famous Skytop 3 sole. Many agree that since that particular sole has been discontinued, along with the Skytope 3, much of Supra’s skateboarding appeal has faded along with it. Obviously we couldn’t be happier to see it back in production considering our results from skating in it. Aside from the fashion-forward appeal, we believe the Estaban to be a hit in the making. Not only do they look great to skate in but they also accommodate the casual side of things. Also, you can notice the notable unique lacing system. Lace high to reduce the chance of ripping laces or use the lower option for a more stylish effect.

We have no confirmation on a price as of yet but if we had to guess, the Estaban could easily go for $85-95 or higher. If they’re like the Skytop 3’s in terms of durability, the price is more than justified.

Comments

1. Justin

March 20, 2014 3:20pm

I was bothered by Supra discontinuing the Skytop 3, especially when they have the 1’s and 2’s still in rotation. Both of which are only skated by Muska himself, and hoarded by the shoeheads.. As a die-hard fan of the Skytop 3’s (yes, every shoe has been skated!!) I was happy to see the sole make a come-back. Not to sure about the lacing system, it’s almost as if they took out the rubber cage of the Skytop 3’s, and replaced it with the lace loops. I’m sure after I’m done skating all of my little hoard of 3’s, I may make an attempt to skate these, just because of the sole. Looking at it again, I think TK heard the call of Supra’s downfall. Bringing on Williams and Weezy, just made them marketable to Jeezy!!! Thank God Pierre brought ‘eS outta retirement!!

2. Stephen

March 20, 2014 4:12pm

Looks like it will be durable like the Skytop 3 but people won’t buy them because of the price and polarizing looks

3. Ian

March 20, 2014 7:05pm

I love the use of the Skytop 3 sole, and the seam detailing around the toe/heel panels– little raw edge past the stitching. If the lacing is pulled tight, just that little edge has been known to protect a lace or 2 in the past. The lacing style… I haven’t made up my mind yet. It is reminiscent of some 90’s Filas (look at some early Grant Hill shoes). The overall silhouette reminds me a bit of the Jordan 13 profile too. I’ll reserve judgement until I can put one on my foot!

4. Ethan

March 22, 2014 12:04am

I’d say $95 is low-balling these shoes. I’d expect to see a $130 tag on them.
    I think they’re silly, but I’m definitely not the target.
    That lacing system is nuts, man.
    Go Stevie and Supra for trying something new.

5. ben

March 23, 2014 10:52pm

i can’t believe they stopped making the skytop 3. that shoe is timeless. i agree i think these will be a heftier price than $90. i’d like to get a pair, they have a good look.

6. Jamal

March 26, 2014 9:29pm

Can somebody explain to me everyone’s prejudice against the paneled toe cap (ex. SW1 and Vans Cab)? I must admit, in new to the higher end skate tech world, that might be part of it. But, I’ve skated a one piece toe cap and didn’t notice much of a difference in functionality. Did i miss something?

7. dummbert

March 28, 2014 10:42am

Especially the red one painfully reminds me of a mixture between this horrendous Weezy shoe and the also horrendous Yeezy 2.
    Stevie, man…

8. Kenny

March 29, 2014 3:47pm

How about some Supra’s that I can skate in. I want more shoes like the Amigo; a solid, clean, simple, low shoe.

9. Tommy G

March 29, 2014 5:52pm

Is it weird if I see a little bit of resemblance of his old DC shoe in this one? I don’t know how, but maybe it’s the lines of the shoe that remind me of it just a LITTLE bit.

10. Tyler Dombrowski

March 29, 2014 10:48pm

Man, I don’t know why we got haters of the paneled toe cap. To me that’s the one thing that says “yup, that’s a skate shoe alright”. Experience tells me that a well made paneled toe cap will last as long as a single panel no-stich one. They sometimes rip faster initially but that doesn’t matter anyway because a good shoe will have either rubber or another layer of suede under it. Style is the only reason some might not like it. I prefer the paneled type, I think it looks MUCH cooler when your shoes are destroyed and you look at ’em in mid February sayin “man I love these kicks- too bad its snowy outside!” Single-piece designs might give you better boardfeel with some shoes, but there’s the trade off that they don’t typically have as much padding. To each his own- the Estaban’s look just like a basketball shoe, too far out there for my tastes. Lacing looks dope. I can’t spend $120 on some Supras- they all look ghetto as hell and while they might skate well I just can’t drop that dough!