HUF Dylan Pro: The Most Handsome Prize In Skateboarding

Hit the club or the bar mitzvah or the skate park. Whatever you want....

Hit the club or the bar mitzvah or the skate park. Whatever you want…. HUF Dylan Pro: $120

Dylan’s influence and grasp among skateboarders is unquestionable. We can’t think of any other skateboarder in the world who could’ve possibly pull off his Gravis pro model without getting laughed at and shunned from the industry. His unique style, along with his unintentional style of branding, has created a niche within skateboarding footwear and its unstoppable. Everywhere skinny males are cutting their t-shirt collars, cuffing up their pants and are learning impossibles just to get a taste of what it feels like to walk in Dylan’s shoes.

Needless to say, after parting ways with Gravis, the “pretty boy chic” market has been left helpless. Since then, most have resorted to wearing Vans Authentics and Slip-On’s but now his loyal following finally has another opportunity to wear, feel and act like Dylan with his debut pro model for HUF. This pro model isn’t too far from where he left off with Gravis. In fact, his debut HUF pro model is heavily inspired by his second Gravis pro model that never saw the light of day.

The HUF Dylan Pro - White & Black colorway are due 7/1-8/1. Ox Blood due 8/1-9/1

The HUF Dylan Pro – White & Black colorway are due 7/1 – 8/1. Ox Blood due 8/1 – 9/1

Details1 Toe Cap

Aside from the obvious fashion influence, this shoe actually has the potential to be a great skate shoe. Its technical aspects combine the current needs and trends of skateboarding footwear. For one, believe it or not, this shoe is a certified cupsole despite its low profile look. There also happens to be a reinforced midsole along with a PU (polyurethane) insole to really give off that protected cupsole feel. We’re surprised that this Dylan Pro isn’t coming out for Summer’14 only because of how thin and breathable it seems to be. The perforations on the toe look like they might help a little with that summer heat hotfoot but otherwise, you’ll have to depend on the mesh sockliner to wick away any moisture that would cause slipping within the shoe.

We know that this model was closely designed by Dylan and of course that being the case, HUF used premium materials to give it the look and feel that Dylan wanted. Its no wonder that this shoe is pushing skateboarding’s reasonable $60-80 price range all the way up to $100+. How many of you plan on getting this $120 skate shoe? We’re sure the quality justifies the price, we’re just curious to see if any of you could pull it off the way Dylan can.

Comments

1. ALUMNI

February 19, 2014 7:41pm

something a little different.
    im with it.
    let the hate begin. lol

2. Edward

February 19, 2014 8:14pm

If they’re $120 in the US, they’re going to be around $180 in Aus, so don’t think i’ll be able to afford them anytime soon. haha

3. uh

February 19, 2014 8:35pm

Skating in a $120 shoe? That’s how you spell “Stupid.” BUT, rock em to a wedding, that could work.

4. MD

February 19, 2014 9:51pm

They look like shoes you wear to the office, dinner meetings, a night out and then after a while you just might skate in them…

5. Leon

February 19, 2014 9:59pm

I’m waiting for that PLNDR drop…..

6. Samuel Klauninger

February 19, 2014 10:24pm

First off, Ripped Laces: Come on… You couldn’t come up with any other skater that could pull off any look? How about Jason fuckin’ Dill!?

Secondly, I back the shoe, it looks great. I’d fuck with that.

Thirdly, why the fuck is it retailed at a price of fucking 120 bucks? That is fucking stupid. How many will buy a skate shoe that expensive? Skateboarders aren’t fucking rich dude…

7. Chris G

February 19, 2014 10:30pm

Ox bloods I’ll drop the doe. I tried skating the last dylan and couldn’t do it need a size down to feel tight

8. Derek

February 20, 2014 12:41am

I’ll definitely get these, i don’t like the price but i love these, Won’t ever skate them though.

9. Scott B

February 20, 2014 4:49am

I will be getting the oxbloods for sure to wear around and hopefully have the money to buy a black pair to skate cause these seem like the quality is worth it, most of HUFs stuff is great.

10. cody

February 20, 2014 4:52am

I like them, at $120 I don’t think skating them is a good idea, but they definitely a nice chill shoe.

11. Adam

February 20, 2014 6:03am

SO EXCITED!

12. Kawika

February 20, 2014 6:41am

As someone who owns $500, $600, and $700 dollar shoes, that price seems high considering they’re made to be destroyed. At least my high-end shoes are hand made in the USA with highest quality materials. The last time I tried Hufs on they felt like glorified Vans. I like the oxford/saddle shoe inspired look though.

13. Han

February 20, 2014 9:29pm

I’d go with the new Louie Barletta shoes from Globe for the wingtip styling once my Etnies Chaplins wear out.

14. Da Man

February 21, 2014 7:38pm

SAMUEL KLAUNINGER eat shit and die. I bet your fuck with your mom too huh?

15. Finnish

February 22, 2014 12:18pm

It’s funny how people are so heated up about the price. In Finland nearly every ”normal priced” shoe costs about $130 when in US the shoes are $65. So if I can get my hands on some of those for the original $120 price… I’m just happy haha.

16. SC

February 22, 2014 8:32pm

If you’re gonna spend $120 on a shoe you might as well get some real fucking dress shoes… that actually look nice and appropriate

17. vegas

February 23, 2014 7:48pm

they are not heavily inspired from his unreleased second gravis, they are his unreleased gravis to a T. i’d buy ’em at $120 whatever

18. ptr

February 26, 2014 12:11pm

I admire Dylan’s consitency in designing shoes that will not make him any money.

19. Jay

March 1, 2014 9:47pm

Those black leather ones look so good but 120 bucks is really steep I’d get a pair if i could find them on sale tho.

20. Ralph

March 6, 2014 2:11am

I still have my Gravis Dylans, never have skated them and never will! When I dropped $99 for them I knew I wouldn’t be doing any skating in them for awhile. Gravis went down so I guess I made the right choice. Worn them to weddings, nights out on the town with my girlfriend, job interviews etc. I like to have shoes that are different. Don’t think I pull them off as good as Dylan does but whatever.

I really like them in white. Thats a hell of a price tag, but I’ll get my money’s worth out of them.

21. Pat

March 10, 2014 2:15am

sick shoe deffinatly getting a pair when they drop. and whats the so bad about the price the Nike sb One shots are $110 so not much of a differnce

22. FuckCity

March 21, 2014 9:01am

120 is not a lot kids. :/. Quality>quantity

23. Prezi Oki

March 22, 2014 12:14am

I think these look great. Once I get some more tight pants I’d get em. Save up some money over the summer just for the shoes. I’d try to keep em nice but I know I’d just end up skating them. I’m bad at keeping shoes to wear unless I’m not really feeling them. But yeah man I back these 100 percent. Poly won’t pull em off like die-lon but at least I’ll be the only black kid doing it. I hope haha. Long live cuffed pants.

24. CJ Lee

March 31, 2014 5:56pm

These are cool but the price isn’t. If they were cheaper I’d fuck with em.

25. Johnny

May 2, 2014 8:11am

I will buy them and skate them and they will probably be rad as hell. Leather holds up so it’s worth the money and I’d rather pay $120 for a unique skate shoe from a smaller skater owned company than $110 on some stupid nike one shot garbage that looks like a running shoe. And I had Dylan’s gravies shoe and skated it, it was great!

26. Hyun

July 4, 2014 6:03pm

I back these 100% they look classy as fuck, can’t wait for them. Wouldn’t skate them though too nice and they cost $120. I think this shoe and the Prod 8 ( I don’t like the Prod 8) will be a big step in skate footwear, they look nothing like previous skate shoes simply amazing

27. 22yearsSkating

July 5, 2014 10:28am

I just bought Lakai Manchesters on 6pm.com for $17.76 in my size. Real skaters skate and tear shit up. Dylan is dope/ but b real. He could wear any shoe and kill it. Save your money fashion slaves and go skate. I met him at sls in AZ. Cool bro. He’s like 5’8

28. 22yearsSkating

July 5, 2014 10:37am

Btw I’m not hating. I ripped thru his gravis lx’s in one session. $70 bucks for one sesh. Not cool. It just isn’t worth the money. Forget about looks and land ur shit!!

29. Brenden

July 6, 2014 4:41am

$120 is too much. I’d strongly consider them for $90 though.

30. Del

July 7, 2014 6:21pm

It’d be very easy to find a pair of dress shoes for less money and that are more comfortable than these somewhere online… but these would be good for skating, if you want to skate in dress shoes.(?) I’d say if you’re gonna spend 120 bucks on skate shoes, they better last twice as long as other shoes, which I doubt they do.

31. allaner

September 29, 2014 5:56pm

$120? are you serious? get the Etnies Marana instead.

32. asdjklassd

October 31, 2014 12:14am

wwwww these are fucking ugly