Exclusive: Emerica Westgate Photos

EmericaWestgateBlackHere are some exclusive photos of the new Emerica Westgate due to come out in Spring 2014.

The heavy anticipation behind this shoe all started when Brandon was spotted wearing these in his Zoo York 20 years strong web clip. Not too long after that, it started a frenzy within the skateboarding community about the return of the retro/runner toe look. Although many have been forthcoming about their distaste of this new model, (mainly kids born after 1999) we’re excited about Westgate’s upcoming pro model. Not only does this shoe reinforce Emerica’s “Higher Quality” campaign but it also shows promise of some incredible comfort. The likelihood of being able to walk, rather than limp, after an exhausting session just increased.

More news to come on this shoe in the coming weeks, including pricing info, release date & more. As far as we know, it should have all the latest technology & improvements that Emerica’s been implementing into all of their Higher Quality shoes.

1. Moon

June 6, 2013 2:27pm

I love how they look with round laces, these are awesome. Fuck kids born after 99.
    With all these “retro” shoe hype éS could make a comeback

• Surface to Air

July 27, 2013 8:58pm

Fully agree. I would like to punch every single of those kids faces who claim this ugly/not skateboarding shoe/runner shoe. They are clueless.

2. kevin K

June 6, 2013 10:50pm

I just came

3. G.F.

June 6, 2013 11:05pm

Good thing I was born in 96 these look sick, the only thing that could cause problems is the collar, it looks like it is made if the same material is the sidewall of the g6 that features the cold air intake, heelflips will destroy mesh.

4. Stc

June 6, 2013 11:31pm

Its good to see technical skate shoes make a comeback. This shoe kinda reminds me of the éS Breeze…

5. Will E Po

June 6, 2013 11:41pm

I was born in 1999. In the nick of time! These look pretty sick, I imagine they’re gonna feel like a cupsole Reynolds 3.

6. IAmEmerican

June 7, 2013 12:29am

It’s kinda have the G-Code silhouette with the running shoe sole, well it’s simply f*cking amazing! Can’t wait to try it! Emerica rules!

7. Chris G

June 7, 2013 5:30am

Killing the retros! Vita vibe out doing sb. Emerica

8. Gboy

June 7, 2013 8:59am

Nike Air Max

9. Guilherme Venâncio

June 7, 2013 9:19am

10. Oliver Sampson

June 7, 2013 2:11pm

They look awesome in my opinion and remind me a lot of the MJ2 Emerica’s which were very functional and hard-wearing as well. The shiny bit may put off those who are strictly looking for a shoe that backs up a rock/indie type image but they can get the Provost’s with their Led Zep style logo!

11. Mat.T

June 7, 2013 6:43pm

I am FULLY backing what Emerica’s doing right now, fairplay. Every pro model set to release for this year and next are dope, not to forget the new Leo’s and the G6! So many people hating on the runner toe, but why? Why does every shoe need to be of a simple, low key styling? Go buy the other pro models for that or go buy some Vans or whatever. Skate shoes need to be re innovated obviously to mix things up and drop some flavour into the shoe game. The mixture of stylings right now is amazing, perfect for me to be honest. Shoes coming out with a bit of tech and with the design to be fashionable as well is amazing. Maybe a Lynx remake doesn’t need to happen with these coming out ‘eh haha? For all the kids whining, shh, not every shoe has to look like an Era nor do your jeans need to be cuffed way past your ankles. Things are looking promising.

12. Luis

June 8, 2013 2:52am

awesome thanks RL for showing me these looks amazing

13. vic perfecto

June 9, 2013 7:47am

I was part of the tech era. well, i remeber the Emerica MJ2 and Emerica barley’s. It’s a skate renaissance!!!

14. Tyler

June 13, 2013 3:10am

Anyone know if converse is gonna continue making the cts mid, because they’re out of stock everywhere? I know converse acted like dirtbags to pappalardo, but those cts mids were some of the best skate shoes I’ve ever used and I’m looking for another pair. It’d be a shame if they dropped a perfectly fine vulc. mid shoe just to cater to nike execs. telling them to stuff more tech. into their shoes.

15. Mikey

June 14, 2013 6:14pm

the black and blue reminds me of the old emerica marc johnson 2’s tosh townend was rockin in that line in sight unseen

16. S.G.

June 25, 2013 7:03pm

Did anyone else notice the red midsole peeking through in this pic?

I have a feeling these are going to be ridiculously light and comfortable. Emerica is cementing the fact that they’re pretty much keeping SoleTech in business, aside from Altamont.

17. s.c.

October 23, 2013 4:09am

don’t really understand why people complain about technical shoes like these, these kind of shoes (g6, marana, aventa,etc.) are way better than any plain white soled vulc shoe that is out currently. with a rising demand for tech shoes in the skate industry, this would be a good time for éS to debut worldwide. technical advances happen for a reason…